Sunday, April 13, 2008

Update

Justin and I decided that as much as we wanted to just grab our child and protect her and haul her out of school and scream at the children that were bullying and whatever else ran through our minds we didn't. Instead we taught her how to handle the situation in a mature manner and not stoop down to the level of the bully. Be kind, be nice as much as it kills to do it do it. Stay clear as best as you can and talk about it. But not continue to talk about it so negatively and look for more positive things than just the meanness and bullying.

Friday I went in and talked to the principal and he was great. He was welcoming and understanding and ready to take actions into his own hands. He talked to Emily privately and talked to the bully privately and each little girl the bully's social circle. Hopefully it works. Of course the day of the bully continued to go after Emily calling her a liar and just harrassed her non stop but hopefully (fingers crossed) it will die down. Emily feels a bit stronger. Two girls approached her and ate with her and wanted to be with her at recess and while I was at the school spying (openly I might add) I got to meet the girls and they are SOOO nice. They are just your average little 9 year old. Kind, they don't care about what they wear and just act like kids should act.

I have a lot of hope that this coming week of school is going to be so much better on Emily. Now that she has a couple other girls to hang out with she won't be so alone. We've been praying and teaching her and loving her and just uplifting her as much as possible and looking at all that is happy and great instead of all this yucky bad stuff. It's working and even Emily is looking forward to a better week of school.

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words and prayers. It means so much. As a parent it is just heartwrenching to go through this with your child. I mean all you want is your kids to be happy and have fun. Dropping Emily off at school knowing she was going to be standing alone leaning against the side of the wall getting picked on is just so horrifying. This week I think she'll finally be able to just play and have fun and enjoy school a little more and more each day. Thank God!!...and thank you!!!!!

1 comment:

Mac an Rothaich said...

So happy to hear things are going better... You remind me of my mom when she would spy openly (lol) and she used to always say "You need to find one good thing today when to tell me too and one good thing you think will happen tomorrow to tell me at bedtime." I love moms...