Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Proverbs 4:23

"Above all else, guard your heart,
for it is the wellspring of life."
This verse has brought so much light to my mind and has really made me think and think and think some more........
After reflecting over what's happened the past 9mths, I have come to such a state of contentness and peace and love. Instead of dwelling over the cards I've been dealt I've decided to play the hand I've been given to the best of my ability. I'm so happy, so excited and just ready. More ready than I have ever been. I have the rest of my life ahead of me the lives of 4 beautiful children. My actions need to reflect goodness and goodness is what they will learn and how they will expect to be treated and how they will be expected to treat others, I deserve no less and nor do they.
I'm not looking back, I'm moving forward. I've needed to take the past few weeks and really question myself and my plan for my family and I'm so thrilled I did. I have just really truly and graciously accepted this cross. If the Lord was standing in front of me now asking me what my next step is going to be, will I take this as a burden and fall or will I take it as a gift and stand. Well I have accepted it as a gift and I would not be the person I am today if none of this happened. I've found myself again and I've also been able to really enjoy life amidst all the chaos. I've started to read more, spend more quality time with my kids and my friends and family, I've started painting again (when there is time), cooking and enjoying some wine and writing and recently I was reminded of what it was like to dance again, Oh how I've missed the chacha, and I plan to do more of it!!!!! I have always wanted to dance in the rain, so since spring is approaching I'm going to practice and the first warm rain we have I'll be the "presumed crazy lady" dancing on the streets of Preston Ave ;)
As well I have started a new blog...it's not quite up yet but will be soon. It's to celebrate being a mom and to share the wonders of having 4 children and just us, our new life.
Hopefully I will have it up and running soon!!
Thank you again for reading and sharing this journey with me.
Blessings to you all,
Carissa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful :)

-Kristin

Jenna said...

that verse is one of my favorites and always has been.
you are an incredible woman!
sorry i didnt get back to you about coffee this week..i have a midterm on fri.

At Home With The Seitz Family said...

Thank you!!

And no worries about the coffee, when you are midterm free....I'll still be here :) Good Luck!