Friday, September 22, 2006

It's Officially Fall!!

I have waited so long for this season. Fall and Spring are my favorites especially Fall I absolutely love it when the leaves start changing and falling to the ground and all the rain...oh I'm in heaven. Here in the Okanagan the summers I feel can be somewhat unbearable especially during a pregnancy...ouch it was a scorcher. I'm so glad it's over. Even though most of the time I was on bedrest we were still able to have a lot of fun and visits throughout the summer. It all started with my sister coming out to tend to my every need which was awesome but then I missed her a gazillion times more when she left and I'm still having Jenna withdrawal.


Then my parents came out to help us prepare for the arrival of our baby and lucky then the baby was able to see their grandparents before they left. We did a lot of fun things. We played mini golf at Loco Landing and then toured the SS Sicamous and then had a picnic by the water (no mosquito's bugging us I might add) and then had icecream at tickleberry's.


It was sad to see them go but it was good that at least they got to meet their new grandson and have some good quality time with Emily and Carter.

After they left we tried getting used to life with a new baby and then Justin's sister came to visit. While Auntie Shannon was here we had Gramma Vonn out of the nursing home everyday to visit the kids as well which was really nice for her and the kids and good bonding time for her and the baby. That was pretty special also because we haven't seen Shannon since our wedding and she's busy moving to Boston so who knows when we'll be able to see her next. Thank goodness the baby made his way to the world in time for Shannon's visit also. It was too short but every minute was spent visiting and catching up. While she was here she helped my husband with his new hobby of home decorating and helped him actually did all the set up of Justin's new Debbie Travis shelves. It was pretty cute she had the kids helping with measuring.


Right after Auntie Shannon left we had another special visit from Grandpa Harold and Gramma Paulette. We had a birthday party for Harold because he is turning the big 60 actually today or maybe it was yesterday ahhh man I always forget the birthdays and I feel bad because the birthday's we tend to forget are the ones who remember the most. Happy Birthday Grandpa WE LOVE YOU!! While they were here visiting we had a nice German meal one night and a Russian meal the next. It was so yummy but oh did poor little Cohen suffer from me eating onions. It was hard seeing them go because we knew that was the last of family for a little while and it's so hard to say goodbye and not see family as frequent as we wish we could.

Last weekend we had our friends Kristin and Eric over for a Chinese Potluck. It was yummy. Kristin brought a few dishes and I attempted to make salad rolls with rice paper. Not knowing how to do the rice paper properly I stuck a bunch of paper in boiling water and they came out all gluey...NOT GOOD. So as my little lunchbox needed to be fed again I was unable to finish my dinner project so my dear Kristin and hubby finished and found that you have to use cold water to get it to work properly. I was so out of it from not sleeping..heck I"m still out of it..,.but anyways I forgot the pork chops were sitting on the bbq and let's just say I figured out a way to make my own pork jerky...yummy yummy yuk. After they finished all the rice papers we got down to eating and man was it scrumptious. Now I just have to figure out how to make my own fish sauce and we're good to go. The next day we took some time to have family time. Emily helped me back a Strawberry Apple pie and a Ravioli dish that is to die for...(now I'm hungry again) and Carter played some mindless video games with his dad and Cohen just slept in the kitchen which in his own little baby way that's spending quality time with us.
















Now we have no company and are left with a quiet weekend. We are preparing to go back to Saskatoon for Thanksgiving weekend. Unfortunately we're only there for the long weekend. I wish we could stay longer since it's been over a year since we've been home. But I guess a weekend is better than no weekend.

Tonight we went to McD's to celebrate the release of Justin's article which will be in the Sys Admin magazine on shelves Oct. 1st so if you want to check it out just stop in at McNally and take a peek. I'm so proud of him and I can't wait to see the article officially printed. I have no understanding of technology whatsoever but I love the article. Tomorrow we are planning on checking out the Bizarre Bazarre here in Naramata...it's a big town yard sale at the community church. Hopefully we can find ourselves a good bargain.

Well I think my baby might be ready for another feeding and then hopefully bed because boy do I need some sleep. This is an example of just how out of it I am. Well at McD's Material Girl by Madonna came on the speakers and I totally invisioned myself dancing on the counters in sequence frills and tutu's and when I snapped out of my daydream and found myself dancing in my chair...yup a little coocoo indeed.

Here's one last picture of the baby. He's gotten so big at 1mth he's now 10lbs. I guess my frequent nursing is really paying off.

1 comment:

SarahJ said...

Hey!
I just wanted to leave you a message to tell you to make sure you let me know what service you are gonna be at on Thanksgiving weekend so I can make sure I go to the same one to see you (and baby Cohen of course!). See you soon!