Sunday, September 10, 2006

My first week alone.


Justin's holidays were over on Tuesday and back to work he went. I was so sad when he left I actually cried liked a little baby. I just had so much fun with him around and he is my main support that when he went back I just felt lost. It was a sad day on Tuesday because Justin went back to work Emily went back to school and Carter decided to fill my day with trial after trial after trial. He discovered how to climb walls with his bare feet and swing off the fridge doors and climb cupboards and wash floors with buckets of water. It took me a few days a lot of advice from people around me and we finally found a comfortable way to deal with his behaviour troubles. It turned out that Carter was worried that we were going to love the baby more than him and he did not like the fact that I had to feed Cohen all the time. So during the feedings Carter gets something special out to play with and we sit down together so he can have some attention just like Cohen. It is not perfected yet but it is coming. Both kids are slowing starting to find their place. Carter is improving his behaviour slowly every day and Emily is improving her attitude slowly everyday also. My nerves are also slowly improving however my sleep deprivation is not. Baby Cohen is now 2wks old and he is still such a good baby. Life has been busy but I love it. I am just so anxious to be completely healed up and get back to my normal everyday activities. As I've already discovered getting organized is challenging with three kids. It seems that as soon as we have something to do, get ready for or go everything happens all at once. We've got Cohen pooping or feeding, Carter pooping or getting into mischief and Emily needing to get off to school or somewhere. I'm trying to find tricks to organize myself better and prepare for things in sequence instead of all at once. I better get some rest while Cohen is sleeping and the family is in Penticton shopping. I will post some pictures of all the company we have had out and our adventures with everyone. Justins dad and stepmom are here visiting right now and we have a lot of pictures of the little birthday party we had for Grandpa who is turning the big 60 in a couple weeks. But for now here are some more pictures of week number two with Baby Cohen. Sleeping peacefully like always!!
Mom and baby snoozing.
Cohen is actually awake and enjoying tummy time.
My boys!!
My little mother hen!!
Lil Goldmember
Our Mr. Fixit!!
Our Favorite Drama Queen....with the neighbourhood girls.
My sleeping beauties :0P
Justin, his sister Shannon with baby.

3 comments:

Cricket said...

You have a beautiful family. Congrats on your latest addition.

SarahJ said...

Just wanted to leave you a comment to say I am LOVING all the pictures you are posting of the new boy! SO cute. You have such a perfect little family!

Jenna said...

Hi. I was reading your blog and looking at your pictures of little baby Cohen and I got all teary eyed! Congradulations on everything. Im 37 weeks pregnant now and I can't wait for my own little baby to hold!