Monday, October 16, 2006

"Lovin' every minute of it..."

Living in the moment and loving it and respecting every minute of it is the greatest feeling. Life has been busy but I wouldn't ask for anything more. I've had a bit of a turn around this past week which has felt amazing I must say I still have a long way to go but knowing that it's only been a few weeks since the birth of our third child I feel a bit more at peace knowing it's still soon and it will come together even more every day. After having a baby my body is what I thought a horror zone but my husband keeps telling me how beautiful I am and I was getting all depressed thinking he was wrong and I was putting all my energy into feeling unattractive and gross. What I just realized is my husband loves me for me and all of me and he respects the way my body has changed because I gave birth to his son and he loves me more for that. I felt so guilty because it was pretty insulting to him to hear me degrade myself when he's sitting there telling me I'm pretty and I'm rolling my eyes and it was starting to affect my overall happiness. Stupid stupid. So the other day I decided to wake up believe in myself a little more and trust my husbands judgement and just look in the mirror and see what my husband sees. Let's just say I've been a million times happier just changing the nasty tapes in my head. It's helped me to enjoy my children more and my husband more and just life in general.

Speaking of life...we were back in Saskatoon for Thanksgiving which was nice. A lot of my family and friends I hadn't seen in a whole year and that's so hard. I definitely need to make it home more often. Life is just too short to not visit our loved ones more often. We will be taking the Calgary route all the time, we decided to drive through Cranbrook on the way to Saskatoon and it was ridiculous it took us 20hrs. On our way home through Calgary it only took us 15hrs. I'm so proud of the kids. Emily and Carter had a little bicker fest here and there but nothing over the top and they were so patient and entertained themselves very well with little sleep and lots of excitement. The baby did so well. He just needed to be nursed often and changed a lot also but other than that not a wimper out of the little dude. I sure miss every one...aww man I wish I could have everyone out here for Christmas or something, especially my little nephew.

Since we've been back it took us a bit to get all unpacked and organized and errands errands errands. Emily was busy attending birthday parties this past weekend and Carter is getting used to sharing a room with little Cohen. Cohen has started smiling a lot yet he's still so serious and still content (thank goodness). Justin's article was released and publised in the Sys Admin magazine and he just cracked a huge code in a contest the US put on and he was sent a bunch of goodies.

Well here are some photo's of our time in Saskatoon and some recents of the baby.
Enjoy and happy belated Thanksgiving.
Blessings to you all!!
Cohen w/ friend Peter who's only 2wks older..what a difference hey!!




Auntie Jenna and Emily











Dante and Carter playing.














Grandpa Corky

Gramma Billie













Grandpa Ron
Gramma Rose















Carter in daddy's sweatpants.
Emily with Daisy.


















My bro Nathan aka Norman and the Justin's a la geeking!!

No comments: