Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My Luvin's

My favorite time of the day is watching my children play together. These three little people have so much love in their hearts it's breathtaking. Justin and I feel so blessed to have the gift of loving them. I"m so proud at how they are growing into such loving and caring children.

We've had a lot going on in our home lately. I have been quite sleep deprived and lately I feel like a walking disaster. It's not a bad busy it's a good busy. I mean Carter is one busy lil dude. He needs a lot of attention where as Emily is a lot more independent and helpful. Cohen is a really really good baby but he needs a lot of stimulation so I can just let him stay in one spot for too long and he always needs to be played with which is rightly so...I mean he is a little baby. Kids are kids they need their mom's and dads and they need their play time and I am happy that I am around to give them that and when Justin's home from work he does the same. But I have started to really sacrifice my own needs to keep me sane like taking time out to just be calm and still and reenergize. I can't possibly nap because as soon as I shut my eyes someone calls my name. I guess thats part of the fun of being a parent. Cohen plays until midnight or later then finally goes to bed for a few hours which is nice. The other two are in bed usually around 7 or 7:30 so I can get some chores done in the evening or just sit and be with my husband.

Here is what sleep deprivation has done to me....
I still don't have my Christmas cards out...which they are coming. I'm going to try and get them out before Friday.
I find when I do have a few minutes I am just dazed and confused and stare off into space.
I find myself rocking back and forth and singing lullaby songs waiting in check outs.
I have really meaningless conversations with cashiers and pretty much talk and talk until the next person in line is pushing me out of the way.
I can't concentrate on anything.

Oh the funny yet scarey thing that happened lately due to lack of concentration and just mere stupidity was I was grocery shopping on Monday with the boys and Carter decided he wanted to be a super helper and was pretty much putting anything and everything into the cart for me. Well I was just trying to make sure he was with me and not playing in the pistachio bin and as I'm turning into the new aisle my cart get's stuck. Now picture this...heaping cart full of groceries, baby carrier latched on top, potatoe's and juiceboxes underneath and a 4 yr old that I'm trying to get to follow along when all of a sudden I get stuck... Hmmm I think it's my potatoes (background I can hear screaming but am deaf to it) so I keep pushing my cart....what the heck it's stuck...dangit. So I go around the cart hoping to pick up a back of squashed potatoes...NO....NO POTATOES BUT A DEAR OLD GRANNY. Oh goodness. Tears, panic and humiliation and guilt that oh boy I hurt this innocent lady trying to get food from the bottom shelf...She was once sqwating but when I was done with her she was right on her side. She didn't want me to stick around and keep apologizing she ordered me on my way and advised I be done shopping soon as I had enough in my cart. :(

I have been housebound since. For one because my baby has been sick since last tuesday and second I'm scared to go anywhere. I sure hope I don't turn into an agoraphobic. We are slowly on the mend. Which will be nice to finally have healthy children. My mother in law turned 56 today and I want to make her dinner and a cake and have her spend time with her "healthy" grandkids so she doesn't get sick. Poor lady...when she gets sick because she is in a nursing home she has to be confined to her room pretty much. Not fun. So the last thing I want to give her for her bday is a cold.


The kids are still doing good even while strugglin through their colds. Cohen turned 5mths today. He is learning so much. He has discovered his lil toes. He sat for the first time with no help. He loves to stand. He is crazy about his older brother and sister. He has his own little quirks. He has to have daddy time at exactly 5:30 every day. Justin holds Cohen his own special way. He hates his feet covered. He loves blankies. He loves a blanky snuggled up right beside his cheek. He is 15 1/2 lbs and over 24 inches long. He likes bananas but isn't sure about apples and could care less about barley cereal...I wonder what he will think of rice.

Well it is now 1am and I am exhausted and Cohen just went off to dreamland so I should be going there as well. Nighty Night!!

2 comments:

SarahJ said...

Awww you hit a granny with your cart! I can completely understand your humilation and horror..but just remember you will be laughing about it later (if you arent already). You didnt hurt her (did you?!?!) and some old people are just plain old cranky! Anyway, dont worry too much about it!

ps - Cohen is getting SOOO big!

Anonymous said...

that story cracks me up about the gramma...I know it was horrible but just the picture of it! I would have turned 50 shades of red and probably burst out crying! You won't become an agoraphobic either...I will haul you out and around before I let that happen!! Love the kids!!