Sunday, April 26, 2009

Amidst the Chaos

Friday after having a bit of a mental breakdown, bawling after being puked on and pooped on and kids screaming and the dumbness invading my brain from the lack of sleep, well my sweet friend reminded me to stop and pray, pray for God to give me the strength I will need to get through that day. I took Cohen in my arms, layed on the couch and started praying. I literally said "AMEN" and Carter raced down the stairs "Mom, your friend is here" ... "What friend Carter"..."The one with the curly hair". In wonderment I went upstairs as Becca was meeting me half way, "I'm here to help, what can I do".... WHAT??????? SERIOUSLY?????? My grandma called and said she would be able to come in....WHAT?????? An hour later Justin called to lend a hand WHAT??????? Well........was that not a prayer just answered. For all of that and more I am thankful. I feel so blessed to have the help around here that I need, usually when I least expect it. Friends and family, you are wonderful!!!! And for those that are praying You are wonderful!!!!!!!!!



I am sitting here thinking of everything I am thankful for which has minimized the feelings of being overwhelmed.... My top 20!

1) my friends daily reminders to stop, pray and be thankful

2) some loving and encouraging words from my family

3) friends offering to babysit

4) friends just popping on in to help with laundry and dinner and watching the kids so I can nap and take Cohen to the hospital

5) extra help from the kids dad

6)the 45 minute nap that I was able to have

7) the hour long bath in my spa room

8) Icecream :P

9) water/soap combinations to rid the stench of upchuck

10) a great working washer and dryer

11) easy and quick meals

12) a super fast Family Pizza nearby

13) my dustbuster

14) my bed...it's so comfy

15) my kids patience

16) leather couches (they wipe so easily)

17) the spring weather so I could open up the windows and air out the house

18) jammies

19) the Bible to give me comfort

20) nintendo ds (brain age 2) to get my mind busy

4 comments:

Mac an Rothaich said...

Phew, that the Lord for answers to prayer! Sorry to hear that the kids are feeling yucky again. Is it a flu or something worse? I saw stuff on your fb account but didn't know what it all ment. We finally stopped coughing and barfing over here this last week and I am now praying for a break from all that. I am beleiving you will get a break too! Hope for coffee with yah soon!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I'm still so thankful at how quickly the Lord answered your prayer for help. Just a wonderful boost to our faith that He IS listening and he IS answering :) that's comforting

Jenna said...

great blog, u have so much to be thankful for!! it was fun hanging out with you this weekend. love.

Carebear said...

im adding you to my side links....
ill be by.
love you
im here for you, if you need babysitting, cleaning....anything, just ask! hugs