Monday, July 17, 2006

31 wks and Counting

Still pregnant is all I have to say....ahhhhhh with a little scream. You know something, I love being pregnant I really do. There are just so many quirks to enjoy and there are some not so enjoyable quirks also and I am just getting to the point where I feel done and I want my baby and I want my baby now. Well after we move and after I'm 35 weeks so i don't have to get shipped off. I just got out of the hopsital AGAIN!!!! I went in Wednesday night because I was having regular and painful contractions so I thought better be safe than sorry. When I went in the contractions just kept coming so they did the Fetal Fibronectin test which predicts preterm labour and that came back negative which is good but when your body continues with consistent contractions the test can have no relevance and labour can still progress. So my contractions stuck around and the doctors decided to keep me in for observation. Over the night I had some more contractions so they gave me medication to stop them...all that did was make me feel fluish. The next day my contractions were every couple minutes and painful so they gave me a different type of medication to stop the contractions and it did but also gave me pins and needles in my hands and feet. That felt awesome.....:0( So I had to stick around for yet another night. They decided to let me go home this morning on the condition that I come back in for fetal monitoring on the weekend due to a little heart rate drop after some contractions...nothing to worry about yet just to be on the safe side. And this is the best part.....I'm back on HOUSE ARREST....yikes, well I could be on complete bedrest again but that would be nasty the doctor said and probably put me right over the edge. So she's says she doesn't want to find me wandering around costco in Kelowna or anything silly. Which I do plan to behave somewhat. I will do major outings with my husband and a wheelchair and small outings like visiting Justin's mom at the nursing home and taking the kids to the library...but not running into Safeway for milk and the craving of the day...that will be back to Justin's duty. For the next few weeks anyways. We also have to get ready for our move so we've decided to hire a packer and I'm going to randomly or Justin will randomly price some things and put them on the front lawn for a mini yard sale....the kids are going through everything that they don't use anymore and are excited to make some extra money to buy something new for their new bedrooms and playroom. Whatever doesn't sell of course will just go on to Sally Anne. I am going to post some pictures soon...my belly is getting huge. It's fun cuz I can feel little feet push again my stomach and everytime the kids talk or Justin talks the baby responds with a boot. I better get doing my kick chart...I accidentally ate half a box of chocolate digestive cookies and a pancake...the baby is sure to be kicking away now. Stay tuned for some pics. I'll try and have them up by tonight!!

No comments: