Saturday, August 26, 2006

Baby Cohen is Finally Here!!

Yes our baby is finally here. Justin and I are the new proud parents of Cohen Harold Matthew Seitz. I went to the Dr. Tuesday morning and discovered I had absolutely NO cervix left which was awesome because all that was holding the baby is was a stitch that was about to burst at any second. So I was sent to the hospital only to be disappointed once again. There were no nursery nurses on and the pediatrician was still MIA. So we had to be admitted and wait until the next day when everyone was back on call. I had Dr. Goncalves visit me first thing in the morning and my options were to either take the stitch out and try naturally or to go straight in for a c-section. We opted for the c-section and to our suprise it was booked exactly 1 hr from the time the dr visited us.

The c-section was a totally different experience from the other c-sections I had had. I could actually feel absolutely everything. I was so so scared until I finally heard the precious cry. The dr. was amazed at how big and healthy the baby looked thinking he was only a 36 weeker but as Justin and I knew and were trying to tell dr.s all along was that this wasn't a 36 weeker. He was more like a 38 weeker. He came out 6lbs 10 oz and 51cm in length. He also scored a 9 out of 10 on the apgar which is awesome. He is doing so well. He's feeding great and he's so alert and bright eyed. I couldn't be happier. I am also feeling absolutely wonderful. I expected to feel like crap after a 3rd c-section but as soon as I had my IV and cathadar out I was up and walking around. I feel really energetic and healthy and just on cloud nine to finally have my baby in my arms. The dr. s were happy with my improvement so they sent us home early. Which was nice because my parents were still here visiting. So they got to spend a good day with Cohen at home. Emily and Carter are so happy to finally have mom and dad and baby out of the hospital and back home. They were a little concerned that we would have to go back but that will soon change in a few days. It's funny how being out of our routine and in the hospital disrupts the family life. Here are some photos ...


First photo with mom and dad!

Emily enjoying a cuddle with her new baby.



Wide awake on Gramma Tammy's lap. Big brother Carter worried Cohen might poop.

So happy to finally have my boy!!

Such a proud daddy!!

My parents Jeff and Tammy enjoying their new grandson.







Kristin and Eric Amundson and Gramma Vonn all enjoying some precious cuddles.


Dr. Goncalves the day he discharged us

Cohen having his first swing.

1 comment:

SarahJ said...

Awww is he ever precious! What a little sweetheart. I am so happy to hear everything has gone well and that you have a healthy, happy baby boy. He totally has your nose by the way. Anyway, pass on the Congrats to Justin and the kids and give Cohen a kiss for me!!