Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Goin to have my baby!!

Wow the time has come to have my baby. This has been a very long and sometimes scarey pregnancy so I am overexcited to greet this little baby that had the strength to make it through the last 9mths. I want to extend a special thanks to everyone who prayed for us and was just there for us with love, support and kindness. We couldn't have done it without you all. Justin and the kids are so overwhelmed with joy also. We are all anxiously awaiting our lives to get back to normalcy and to just enjoy the new addition to our family.

As much as I'm going to be happy the pregnancy is over and to have my baby in my arms I am going to miss the pregnancy. I mean even though it was tough it was still such a blessing. It's an amazing feeling growing life inside and all the quirks that come with it.

Some of my favorite pregnant moments have been
1) The waddle
2)The kicking and hiccups
3)The ability to eat whatever whenever
4)Being able to justify my weird mood swings and not get in trouble for it
5)Laughing hysterically
6)The special attention and getting looked at being told I am beautiful every day
7)The foot rubs and back rubs and belly rubs
8)The large consumption of icecream
9)The closeness it brought my family
10)The gift of life itself is just so lovely words cannot express enough and to be able to share it with the people I love and even strangers is amazing

I will not miss the swelling of my hands and feet and I am so anxious to wear my wedding rings again. I cannot wait to play with my kids without the restriction of a huge watermelon in my abdomen.

So tomorrow when we wake up we are heading to my doctors appointment and then off to the hospital for a non stress test and prep for surgery. Hopefully by early evening we will be holding our new bundle of joy in our arms. If you could please pray for a safe and healthy c-section and that the baby will be nice and big and have strong lungs and I can have a speedy recovery. I cannot wait to share pictures with everyone and share the birthing story. I really hope my kids will handle this last bit of stress alright. Emily is stronger and understands more and is super excited where as Carter is more worried the baby is coming out walking, talking, copying and playing with his toys. Another special thing is my parents are down from Saskatoon and they were really hoping I would have the baby during their visit and sure enough tomorrow they too will be able to greet their new grandson. They will also be around to help Justin with the kids for a few days. Unfortunately they have to leave on the 25th but then Justins sister is coming on the 29th for a few days and then his father and stepmother will be coming the following weekend. Hopefully more family will be able to come down also. Also our friends who are more like our family are going to come to the hospital and share this special moment with us. This makes me just well up inside because Kristin and Eric have been through a lot of tough times and good times with us. They have shared the entire pregnancy with us by helping us with the children, preparing meals, helping with the move, prayer, support, fun and love and much much more. It just would not be right if the baby did not get the chance to meet them on his first day of life.

Stay tuned for some updates and pictures. I know I promised pictures of our new house and they are coming. I just keep taking pictures of everything but....
Here is a picture of 2 weekends ago when the Naramata fair was in town.
Well I better try and get some sleep. I have to be up in a few hours and I do not want to feel like a total pile of pooh. So goodnight everyone and We love ya and we will keep you posted on the upcoming events...
YAY YAY YAY YA
GOIN TO HAVE DA BABY!!!!!!!

Ooooh can you guess what the name will be
Cohen, Henry, Brady, Harrison, Charlie or something completely not even thought of yet.

Till next time...................................................

2 comments:

SarahJ said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe this day has come. Justin and I will be praying for a safe delivery and a happy, healthy baby boy (and mom!!). We love you and can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!

Anonymous said...

he's here! he's here! he's here! and he's soooo beautiful!!!