Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Spring is in the air!!

It's beautiful here. Just absolutely gorgeous, especially now that the sunshine is out. Our transmission went in our car so we've been down to one vehicle and it's been the greatest excuse to get me out and about walking. Hopefully some of my fat pads will fall off ;0) My favorite is walking Carter to preschool, we walk across the creek that runs through the village and it's so pretty. I love the way the water in the stream flows and sounds.

Back to our car...so it was a huge bummer when it started to klunker out on us. Being down to one vehicle is hard when Justin works over an hour away from me and the kids. However after a lot of praying the Lord opened a door for us. A lady I know from church gave me the number to her unlce in law who owns a mechanic shop in Penticton. I called him up and told him of our situation and he had two offers for us. One was to buy the car from us and try to resell it and split the amount with us, and second he would take our car off our hands and give us another van for only 100 bucks a month with the guarantee that if we don't like it we can return it or if something happens and it needs to get fixed and we want to fix it we would only have to pay cost. How awesome is that. He brought some sunshine into this situation boy oh boy was it frustrating. I mean our car was only 700km's over our warranty. We still have 25 mths to pay on it too which completely sucks. But I guess the good thing about getting that car was that it helped us rebuild our credit and it was our wedding car too so for that reason alone will be the only reason it will be missed.

Hmm what else is happenin around here...haha oh my Christmas cards were finally mailed this morning. Indeed they are very late but better late than never right!! Life is starting to slowly fall back into place for me. Cohen will be 6mths on the 23rd and I'm finally getting my life somewhat organized. I never imagined that it would take this long...and I still have a long way to go. Having two kids was easy, I was ALWAYS organized. But once bedrest hit it all went down the tubes. Now I understand why there is support groups out there for bedrest graduates. Getting my energy levels back up has been a struggle but I'm there, the walking around the village has really helped me. Can you believe Cohen is already 6mths. Time for another baby I think...so does Justin. Actually we thought we were pregnant again but it turned out to be a negative. We were quite bummed out but we know that another baby will come when the Lord sees fit. It's been fun leaving it up to Him, it really has.

The children are doing really good. Everyone has been keeping healthy and busy. We went to a scrapbooking night at one of Justin's coworkers homes and the kids enjoyed it because while Mommy was scraping they got to watch Flushed Away and Happy Feet on a home theatre. So cool.

Well I better run, Justin will be home soon for supper and I see the baby starting to wiggle. I will post some pictures of the children come Friday when it's Cohen's 6 monthday.

Love to all!!

1 comment:

Nathan & Ashley said...

Hey Carissa!! I am so glad to hear that everything got worked out with your vehicle! God is so good! So awesome! I miss you lots!! When are you guys coming out again?!