Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Happenin's Round Here

Emily's funny of the day...
Em says to Carter, "Hey Carter at the Superbowl we get to do lots of bowling." Carter says "I know how to bowl Emily". Emily says "Mom can we bowl more than one game?" I says "Honey the Superbowl is a football game not actual bowling, sorry." Emily says "Well then why wouldn't they call it superfootball then." haha it was funny.

We have been under the weather around here, each one of us battling some sort of flu/cold. This weekend was the first that we were all feeling better. Hopefully it stays that way. We just watched the movie Open Season and it was sooooo funny. WATCH IT. I'm laughing just thinking about it.




Emily has been doing really good in school. She has been reading and reading and reading. She reads to Carter and Cohen whenever she gets a chance. Cohen absoultely loves story time with her. It's so cute how the baby just listens so attentively to his big sister. On her own she's accomplished four novels this month. There is a little girl across the street from us, she's 4 and has really fallen in admiration for Emily. She keeps coming over with lil pictures for her and when we see her at preschool she always asks about Emily. So Emily decided to gather all her Dora stories and take them over to the girls house and read to her. Grace was so happy that Emily visited her at her house she couldn't stop jumping up and down.






We have a scientist on our hands. Carter loves experiments and creating pretty much anything and everything. It all started with a homemade volcano. We made it erupt using baking soda, vinegar and water. Since then Carter has wanted to blow things up. We are teaching him the dangers of actual explosions and how careful we need to be when doing experiments. For Christmas he got an experiment book with 101 ideas in it and for his valentines we got him a kit where he came make slime and diaper dust. It should keep us all busy for many days ahead.






Lil Cohen is getting bigger and bigger by the day. He is the only baby I have ever seen not interested in being a baby. Emily was kind of like that but not as bad as Cohen. Cohen won't eat baby food or drink from a bottle. He only wants table food and sippy cups (when not on the boob of course). It's hard to tell a baby that icecream and potato chips are going to have to wait...but oh when he sees them he just starts watering at the mouth. It's so funny. Tonight I was eating a nectarine and I let him suck on it and he just devoured it. Nectarine juice all over the place. He is also starting to crawl a little. He moves around like a little wormie and gets what he wants. He is sitting more on his own too. He still falls over afterawhile and sometimes leans to forward but he's doing pretty good for a 5 1/2 mths old. He loves books, and his playgym and he loves his rattles and his tigger teddy. He is also a blanky boy. He loves having a blanky everywhere he goes, however, he prefers to eat it than cuddle with it.

Well I best be off to bed. I am going to attempt getting up with my hubby in the morning, which is the lovely time of 5:00 AM. YUCK. I'm not looking forward to the earlyness but I am definitely looking forward to a warm cup of java with my man before he leaves for work. Should be interesting what actually happens when the alarm goes off. Nighty night everyone!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love 'em! Reading about them makes me miss them and I only saw you guys like a day and a half ago! haha! and Cohen looks like he needs his cheeks pinch by good ol' auntie kristin!

SarahJ said...

Awww your little kids are getting to be...not soo little! Glad to hear everyingthing is good with your family!

Anonymous said...

Wow it breaks my heart that I'm not with you guys to experience these moments!! I love hearing all of your stories. . .it brings tears to my eyes everytime I read your blog and look at the pictures. I would do anything to be with you guys right now. I can;t express how much I miss you all. Criss I'm so proud of the mother you;ve become - it sounds like your keeping your kids busy and happy! I can't wait for the next time I get to see you! I love you guys so much!

Auntie Jenna