Saturday, May 12, 2007

A Quickie

I don't have much time to post as the baby is not sleeping very long. But I thought I would do a quick update and post some pictures for you guys.
Last week my mom and grandma flew out for a visit. Cohen was sick with an ear infection so we spent a lot of time at home, but it was good we did a lot of visiting and just hanging out. They left on Tuesday and I'm missing them like crazy. It was so nice to have family around. OH well we'll be home soon, July is just around the corner.
Thursday morning the baby was showing signs of feeling better from the ear infection and then all of a sudden and I mean the snap of a finger I laid him down on the change table and his body started breaking out into spots...they were just popping out like popcorn. All of a sudden his entire body was covered head to toe in a matter f 5 minutes. We took him to the hospital right away and at first thought it was an allergic reaction to the meds he was on...(c'mon 7days later that's a little late) so I not being satisfied drove over to our family doc's and had him examined again. Conclusion to that was a virus of some sort and to just keep an eye on him but in hours the rash worsened and Cohen was screaming and crying and rolling all over the floor in discomfort so 7pm Thurs night I took him back to the ER and the doc's did some researching and a lot of examining and came up with Rubella. Cohen has had his immunizations up-to-date but he's not fully covered until he's 1yr. Poor guy has had such a rough week. Finally after 36 hrs of no sleep Cohen crashed last night at 7 for an hour and a half...phewfff Justin and I thought we were going to keel over let alone how the poor baby was feeling. This morning when Cohen woke up it looks like the rash is starting to heal downwards just like it started. His forehead and top of his head and his nose are clear and from his nose down he's covered so much that you can barely see the color of his flesh. The bumps are turning into large red welts that are hot to the touch. He feels feverish but when we take his temp he's fine. This is a crazy virus. We've taken him back to the doctor since and he said to just keep checking in with him and hopefully the virus will be gone in 3-5 days. Thank God we have a very compassionate doctor who communicates well with nervous parents because Justin and I have been so scared and just beside ourselves with worry and the doc just says keep coming in before or after hours so I can reassure you.
Here are some before and after pictures of Cohen and some pictures of my visit with my family.

First day of virus

Day 2 of virus

Finally sleeping after 36 hours of being awake...such a tired baby
SOME PICTURES THE WEEK OF MY FAMILY VISITING

Cohen watching veggie tales in the laundry basket.

My mom walking with the baby.

Grandma Rose and her Luscious Lemon Poke Cake...mmmmmmm to die for.

4 Generations

Coloring time.

Emily with Grandma Rose

Carter playing in the dirt as usual

Cohen in his bumbo

The clan except for Justin...he's shooting the photo

Today...going for a bike ride with dad

That's all for now...enjoy your weekend and thank you for all of your prayers!!!

2 comments:

SarahJ said...

Oh my gosh your poor little guy. Aww I hope he is feeling better! Take care!

Anonymous said...

oh my poor baby boy! He looks sooo miserable...I wish I could cuddle him, what a rotten thing to happen to a baby when they can't even tell you what hurts or feels yucky. *auntie kisses* to him!