Monday, December 17, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Our Christmas present came a little early this year. Last night we had a bit of a scare. I was having some severe sharp pains in my side and because of all our previous pregnancy troubles we thought we better get to the hospital. The doctor on call was a complete ass and that is an understatement. A total mean uncompassionate heartless man. First of all he didn't believe my pain was coming from where I said it was then he sends in a nurse with a doplar and because she couldn't find a heartbeat he says, well if your bodyis preparing for miscarriage there isn't anything I can do for you. So go home and come back tomorrow for an ultrasound. I said I wanted an ultrasound right then and there with their portable machine and he continued to fight me on it until I told him that if he didn't wheel in the machine I would do it myself and that I wasn't leaving the hospital until he could tell me my baby was alive or not. So afer he storms out of my room whipping the curtains he sends another nurse in to try and get me to leave the hospital because they needed my bed. FORGET IT!!! Then another nurse comes in...one who heard what was going on from outside the curtain and she said if they didn't do the ultrasound she would do it herself. Finally the doctor comes back in and does the ultrasound not really knowing what he's doing and instead of moving the probe around he leaves it in one spot not seeing anything and says ... are you even pregnant...when you saw your gyno what did he even see.... Justin and I both said...A baby! He said he didn't see a baby....but after he moved the probe around there was our little bundle of joy bouncing around my uterus. He then says he still has no idea if anything is wrong but that was enough for me at the moment. Something to go home and have hope about and pray about. So today we went for our ultrasound and the baby is perfect. Healthy, measuring on date and everything else looks absolutely perfect. We both started crying and hugged the ultrasound technician. The best Christmas news we could hear.

Here is a little funny story that happened this morning.
Cohen was playing with Carter's slinky and stuck it in his diaper, the back of his diaper. He's running around as the slinky is bouncing up and down and we're all laughing when he stops to poop. Justin is hoping it's a toot and unwinds the slinky from his diaper and indeed he pooped, and pooped on the slinky.
Never a dull moment in the Seitz home...

No comments: