Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nerves

I finally got over the silly hives and discovered it was from a Granny's turkey allergy. No more turkey for me that's for sure.

I finally felt rested and happy the ordeal was over and the pressure came on Friday night. Because I've had an incompetent cervix in the past I had stitches put in at 14wks. This pregnancy has been going so good and my cervix looked great so the doctor thought I might be able to get away with it. 2 wks ago I was measuring 3.81cm an yesterday only 2.09cm. Since the shortening happened in a short period of time I am booked in for my shirodkar stitch this afternoon. Better be safe than sorry.

When I had it with Carter and Cohen I was a nervous wreck and bawled the whole time. I was given a spinal but the doctors are opting to just knock me out this time around. Oh that would be wonderful. So for the next week I'm out of commission, lots of movies and books an sidoku and icecream lots of icecream. I'm so happy Justin is working from home now and that he's around to help with Cohen. I'll miss lifting the little man but hopefully it's just short term.

Off I go to pack up my gear for the waiting room.....

3 comments:

Mac an Rothaich said...

How are you doing now?
Becky Fehr

At Home With The Seitz Family said...

Hey Becky, Can you add me to your blog, my email is carissa.seitz@shaw.ca

I'm doing much better. Thank you for the prayers

Mac an Rothaich said...

So glad to hear that Carissa. You have been added so just log in with your email address...