Friday, January 25, 2008

Kicks of Joy

I'm 17 wks now and today I'm feeling a lot better. I went in for the Shirodkar stitch on Tuesday. It all went well, the doctor did an amazing job except I wasn't completely frozen by the spinal and I felt them cut and it just about shot me through the roof but I couldn't move my legs so I didn't get to far. After that it went fine. Normally I'm a nervous wreck and super scared. I was a little nervous and worried but I was alot calmer. The doctor that did the surgery has performed 2 others on me and I think that's why I felt so safe is I just trusted him so much. The after affects were a little different this time around, a lot more cramping and pain but I"ve been taking it easy and Justin has been helping with absolutely EVERYTHING which makes this recovery time that much easier.

After I had the surgery and was wheeled back to my room the nurse brought in the doplar to check on the baby. Justin and I waiting anxiously to hear the sweet sounds of our baby but nothing. She tried over and over and over and nothing. We started worrying because we've heard the heart beat on the doplar so many times but not this time. Luckily our doctor was in the next room and he rushed over to check with his portable ultrasound and there was our little baby with it's heart beating sweetly. He then checked the doplar and the thing was broken. Phewfffff. What a relief that was.

Since I've been home I've been feeling a lot of baby kicks and movements. I've been feeling little things here and for a couple weeks but they are stronger this week and Justin was able to feel some flutters ---- no they weren't gas bubbles either ;0)
The kicks are coming at the perfect time, it's always a little nerve wracking after surgery to wonder if the baby is ok and feeling the movements we know it is completely fine.
We are still unsure of the sex, when they checked on the ultrasound baby had it's legs closed and twisted so hopefully we'll find out in a week or so.

Well I best be going and resting some more.
Thank you for all your well wishes and prayers.

1 comment:

Mac an Rothaich said...

My heart jumped as you described the nurse and the broken heart checker!! So glad it went well though. LEGS CROSSED! That is funny (them cheeky babies!). We never found out with the first three but I wanted to and I was wondering if you did? I wanna talk my man into if there is a next time round. When I read your blog you make me think about it (thanks alot lol) and sometimes I think if you can be that brave perhaps I can too... sometimes lol...