Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Blessed Things 2008 Brings

I can't believe Christmas is oooover. I'm so sad, we had such a great time this year I didn't want it to be over and technically in our house it isn't, I still have my tree and all my decorations up. But I do realize I need to take them down soon....ESPECIALLY SINCE I NEED TO START PACKING FOR
OUR
MOVE
HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it all starts with this..
My husband has been working his butt off and it has finally paid off sooner than expected. I'm so proud of him and all his accomplishments and all we have to look forward to this year and the years after. He did this for our family and he always managed and continues to keep us his #1 while achieving his goals. The #1 Security/ hacking companies in the world offered Justin a job just before Christmas. It's amazing. He's still in shock. The craziest part is they only hire the best of the best in the world and he is now one of them. He officially starts this Monday and he gets to work remotely every day with the exception of speaking at conferences and what not. So because he is able to work remote we decided with all the stuff happening this year it would be best to move home.

We've always wanted to move home and now is our chance. We're so excited and we're so sad all at the same time. We live in an amazing village unlike no other and the people here have hearts of gold. I wish I could take the village with me and all it's ammenities but I can't. However this will be our vacation spot. We're sad to leave our friends and even sadder to have to leave ma behind :( My husband's mom is in a nursing home and because of her dementia and the outstanding place she is in we've been advised that it's best to keep her here where she feels at home. I still want to pack her up with us but I have to think what's best for her and we've had some memories we're going to cherish forever.

Our move date is March, whenever the movers can fit us in we go. So we are lining up a house and packing and preparing.... I can't wait to see all our friends and be with our family again.

Speaking of family, we had a very family holiday. Yesterday was our first empty nest day. First we had Justin's mom for Christmas Eve, then Justin's dad for Boxing week and his wife and his Aunt and Uncle and then my brother Nathan, sister Jenna and my brother in law Justin flew out for a week. We're not sure what to do without company anymore. Last night we just went to bed at 8.

The kids are doing wonderful. Cohen has new tricks up his sleeve everyday. Carter is keeping us entertained with his current defiance stage and Emily poor thing is becoming black and blue with all her falls but she is good and "in love".

Here is a bit of a heartbreaking yet heartwarming story.
Our sweet Emily has taken the breath away of our little neighbour boy. He just loves her and has for quite some time now. Christmas Day he brought her over a little gift...an ornament and a card with the words of thanks and I love you and you're my girlfriend. So sweet. She felt bad because we're moving and so after he left she called him on the phone and broke the news. :0( He told her that's ok, because one day he's going to find her and marry her. We talked to his mom and she said he's been crying every night and he's so torn that she is moving. And when she tells him to think happy thoughts he says it's worse. They are going to miss eachother so much but maybe one day he will find her like he says. I mean it really is only 9 years away. Justin and I were almost ready to just cancel the move, it broke our hearts that we were breaking theirs.

For Christmas we got a new camera, it's super sweet and I've been having too much fun with it. So much that I've taken almost 200 photo's already. I'll have to upload them all soon. IN the mean time here are a few from Christmas that Justin tested out. Enjoy and more will soon come :)

Blessing to you all this 2008!!!!

Carter being silly as always!!

Emily thrilled about all her new Hannah Montana stuff!!
Cohen's new camera pose...say cheese Cohen.............Cheeeeee


Santa Morning!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Home as in back to Saskatchewan? Perhaps we will finally meet in person, LOL...

Your little story about the neighbor boy was so sweet. It made me feel bad too lol...

Becky Fehr