Saturday, October 30, 2010

He never let's go!

A question isn't always "just" a question. Sometimes it's a realization!


As of late I was asked this by a few people...
"How is it that you are still alive and not hold so much hate or bitterness towards the world?"

Thinking of the answer, my entire life flashed before my very eyes.
I wasn't able to answer the question on the spot. I needed to reflect on how to answer it because it came to me so powerfully, my throat closing in and my chest getting heavy and my eyes starting to swell, I decided to share it on my blog and with this special song attached.

For some reason.....God chose to save me.
HE SAVED ME!

In all the times I was faced with darkness he never let go of my hand, He pulled me out of my death and He saved me!

If what I witnessed was death and what I saw when my eyes were opened was life than why shouldn't I see anything but beauty and hope. The world is full of love and song and dance and he breathed the breath of life back into me, so in order for me to show gratitude and appreciation for being lifted up from the grave that was ready for me I need to be thankful and live as best as I can and be thankful for every moment because I am here.

I am not perfect, I am not always making the right choices, I still have trouble with some hurt but I accept that I need to walk through the fire and I do it wearing His suit of armor. I know I will fumble, stumble and fall and in those moments I am reminded why I am here and what I need to do to get back up again and that in every one of those moments there is a lesson and something good will come from it.

The words on a blog, the song of "never let go" on repeat...is weighing intensely yet delicately on my heart. Coming to this realization is so powerful in my world of thought and emotion I could use a warm bath and a glass of wine right about now... And that's exactly what I'm gonna do :)

3 comments:

Mac an Rothaich said...

Your not broken:) He heals even you and me! You are victorious in Christ! I am so thankful for you sister and so thankful for the beauty you see! Yay for God's beauty!

Anonymous said...

Hm. This song hit me pretty hard last weekend as well. Awesome. He DOESN'T ever let go!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Carissa,

You have such a powerful way with words...an innate ability to express your heart. It leaves me short of breath sometimes.

Your resiliency, hope, and joy are a challenge to me! God has blessed you with the ability to see beyond the now and look ahead to what He wants to bring to life...in and through you!

You are a very special and wonderful woman...may God continue to bless you and encourage your heart! I know my life is better for knowing you and I am blessed immensely by every moment shared with you...

J