Monday, May 16, 2011

Self Induced Craziness

But good crazy :)

I decided to go on a little road trip with my kids. Originally we were supposed to go to BC however my vehicle has yet to be fixed after a I was rear ended a few months ago. So I didn't think it was a smart idea to drive 18+ hours with a broken tail light. We settled for Regina and I'm so glad we did. We went on an adventure to the Science Center & Imax, Royal Sask Museum, Candy Lane Park, watersliding at the Delta and checked out some Health food stores to see what kind of GF treasures we could find. Driving and entertaining 4 kids on my own in a strange place took it's toll on me. I've been coffee free for a month and a half and not only did I divulge in numerous cups of green tea but also succumbed to the need for coffee and Red Bull. I wish I had the energy my kids have. I need to bottle the energy from all 4 and drink it so I can keep up and not want to fall asleep at the wheel. My kids however were amazing. I mean out-freaking-standing. Best travellers, well behaved and happy. I'm a lucky mama!!

As crazy busy as the trip was so is ever day of our life. Yesterday I didn't stop until 2am and I was up at 7am . I realize sometimes it's good to just sit and be still. This time I'm forced to sit and be still....well as still as I can with the house chores that are a must and the errands that still have to be run so the Guinea Pigs can eat.. etc... I was doing my cardio yesterday and must have pinched a nerve or pulled a muscle or both because I'm not able to stand on it for too long. I was so bummed because well I've been on a pretty hard core Cardio Regime and this has put a dint in it. But obviously I needed that dint so I could just be.

Well tea is steeped and my children are ready to go out for a play so I think sipping on this tasty beverage out on the patio and enjoy the energetic giggles!

1 comment:

Mac an Rothaich said...

Boy life can sure start to spin out. Enjoy the calms and a strive for more of them:)