Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy and Free



Who would have thought having Celiac and Thyroid Disease would add more joy and adventure to my life.
Sure don't get me wrong I feel like absolute garbage some days but when I'm stuck on the couch feeling ill I grab the computer and search Gfree stuffs or pull out a new cookbook and plan yet another journey into the food world.

With a troublesome thyroid I've been struggling very low iron levels as well. I've been searching for shakes to help add nutrients into my diet as well as my childrens. I have finally narrowed it down to 2 Dairy Free/Gluten Free/Soy Free powders :)
My kids LOVES the Vega Vanilla Chai for flavor which I'm very impressed. I loved it as well. I have been craving Chai Latte's lately but have refrained because they just don't taste the same with rice milk and being lactose free nowadays that would just be bad news. I was tired driving home from Regina last night so I mixed up a shake and got a nice healthy energy boost from it, feeling revitalized and fresh and had my craving met.

As for the Pumpkin Protein, I am sipping on that right now. I mixed it in with a quarter cup of blueberries and just blended it together. My kids didn't like it but I sure do. As for them I mixed it in the pancake batter to make it extra healthy. It's too yummy not to share!

Here ya go:

2 small ripe bananas
1 egg
1tsp vanilla
1/4 safflower oil
1 1/4c coconut milk
1c Bob's Red Mill GF baking mix flour
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
3 scoops of pumpkin protein powder
2 handfuls of chocolate chips

From my kitchen to yours.......Enjoy :))

2 comments:

Mac an Rothaich said...

This sounds really good! I always appreciate your recipes and love sharing them with my m.i.l. She will enjoy this new info for sure!

At Home With The Seitz Family said...

Oh good! The best part of finding something super cool is passing it on to share with others.
I