Friday, August 31, 2007

Another Long Weekend

Oh I love the long weekends. Today started off a great day, I mean everyday is great but this morning Cohen had me up at 4 and we snuggled in bed and then got up at 5 with Justin. Normally I'm soooooooo tired and a little cranky *wink* but Justin poured me a warm cup o' java and I layed in bed and visited him while he got ready and I feel great and energetic ready to start my day. And it's a Friday, I get my husband home 3 days in a row YAY! The kids are so excited to have a fun filled family weekend. With school approaching next week we're doing nothing this weekend but having fun fun fun. Games, beach, a little shopping and a BBQ etc...

Here's a little update on my gang:

Emmy is so ready for school. She misses her friends. I'm going to miss her so much. She has been my partner all summer helping me with EVERYTHING and without being asked. She's just so thoughtful and she sees that we're always doing something so she says she wants to do stuff to help so we have more playtime and it's worked we have a lot more playtime. She is growing up so fast however she's still so little. She loves to go off by herself and play barbies or dolls and then other times she's writing her own songs and singing and dancing. Her poetry is that you'd find in a teens notebook, her writing skills are amazing. Justin is writing a book and loves to write.........wonder where she gets it from ;0)

Carter my little secret agent. He doesn't start school this week. I"m so happy I get an extra week with him before Kindergarten. I miss my kids so much when they go off to school I could really keep them home forever. Carter has been attatched to my hip everyday for the past 5 years it's going to be hard to have him go off and do his own thing. I know he'll be great at it though. He loves to learn and learn and learn. I do think he will be disappointed in Kindergarten as he's wanting to learn how to program software. Yesterday I had to give him a time out and while he was in his room he decided to make me a present, he took a pipe cleaner and little animal shaped foamies and made me an animal flower. He came out and apologized and handed me this beautiful flower and my heart just melted.


Cohen, oh little Cohen. He's such a daredevil. As you see him standing beside this gate that he recently surfed on down to stairs with. His second trip downt he stairs. He is trying to figure out how to do it again. A 12 mths old that thinks this is the funnest thing in the world. Or in the bathtub the little stinker stands up and I try to sit him back down, he'll have none of it. He slides down the curved side of the tub and gets his face all wet and falls in the water and he gets right back up for more. I wrote about the worry in his weight gain and I'm not worried anymore. I figure it was due to his lack of appetite when teething and what not. He's been teething forever and he finally cut on and another one is breaking through right now and it looks like he's getting two on the bottom. He's a tough teether as the older two were and his body is under stress. Lately he has been trying to eat more. Loves soup and crackers. We went to A&W and he loved the teen burger and fries and he is feeling a lot heavier. I'm still going to take him to the pediatrician as planned but I think she'll say he's just a normal boy.

As for Justin and I we're doing great. Justin has been working on his projects and his book proposal is going around to publishers so we're excited about that. I'm so proud of him, he's been wanting to write a tech book for so long and when we were visiting with my parents in Waskesiu my dad was talking to him about it and totally motivated Justin so as soon as we got home he wrote his 17 page proposal and his agent loved it. We've been having a ton of fun this summer. As a couple our marriage is at a great stage of just really understanding eachother and having fun together. He is taking another week of holidays when his brother and sister come out the week after this and I'm really looking forward to having him home yet again :) I could keep him home everyday but I guess he does have to work, but I'm lucky because he has been given two days a week to work remotely and home on weekends so we've been pretty happy and appreciative of that. This weekend is my 10 yr highschool reunion. Part of me wants to go back for it but facebook has really satisfied me in catching up with people for now. It's been a great little system. I've made contact with so many old schoolmates. I also had a prayer request on here for my aunt and she is still in the hospital in Saskatoon and I just want to thank everyone for their prayers. She is at a great place, the doctors are treating her with so much care and attention and they are on her like glue and doing the best to help her. Well Cohen zonked out in his swing as I was typing away so I am going to take advantage of being up early and tend to my morning chores and get a head a little. I hope you all have a wonderful and fun safe weekend.



No comments: