Monday, August 06, 2007

TOUT FINIS!!!!!

In English,
I'M DONE VACATIONING.

We have officially decided as a family to never do it again ugh... To be honest I'm not even sure if we can call it a vacation it was more a drivathon. Alberta and Saskatchewan were alright but we are going to choose not to be eaten alive by mosquito's next time...and really we drive hours and hours and hours to be around grouchy people, wicked flies and horrid mosquitos and straight boring roads haha. We ended up making a quick trip to Saskatoon and when we got there we were so sad that once again we had no time to really visit. There are so many people we want to see and catch up with and a day and a half just doesn't allow that to happen. I'm sorry to those that wanted to get together and I couldn't boooo booo :0(((

However there were a lot of positive things about the trip. One of the hardest was leaving my father in law, he's such a dear and sweet man and just adore my children and he always buys chocolate ;0) Leaving my grandparents was also pretty tough for me, one of the hardest things I have to do each time I leave. I've always been so attached to my grandparents and seeing them age is so hard on me. I got to spend some great quality time with each of them and that I will cherish always. I really wish I could freeze time and enjoy those moments a little longer.

I'm finished thinking of all the negative things about our trip so here are ONLY the positives
I got to spend hours and hours and hours beside my husband....I loved it. I could just sit and stare at him forever!!
We had our children all to ourselves for hours and hours and hours, no friends or them running all over the place playing just us together as a family.
We camped for the first time together as a family and my children used the outhouse for the first time and now they really appreciate toilets haha.
Baby Cohen is running and running up and down hills too!!
Seeing my kids snuggle up with their grandparents.
Celebrating my Grandparents 50th Anniversary and spending time with relatives I have barely seen in years.
Enjoying some time with my other grandparents in Waskesiu.
Visiting the magic log in the wood and sharing it with my kids
Eating icecream many many times at the Big Olaf in Waskesiu
Going for a boat ride and watching my children tube hhahaha it was HILLARIOUS. They were so brave is was awesome. Emily was bouncing all over the place and she wouldn't quit.
Spending some quality time with my nephew, I'm laughing already thinking of him and his contant noise making hehe
My brother, a relationship that is forming and finally being able to share life with him and just have fun, it was great and watching him play with my kids was just fantastic.
Hunting for icecream with my sister at 10:30 and seeing her reaction when she saw my kids after so long.
My mom's cooking....MMMMMMMMMM I miss it
My dad's contant giggle hahaha....I'm so glad I inherited it!!
Taking my children to the Nature Center and helping them learn about our environment in a fun way and watching their imaginations just soar, especially the silly puppet show they put on. Carter made a great skunk.
Speaking of skunks we saw our first skunk camping with my in laws, I thought it was a duck in the bushes until it really showed itself haha
Driving in Saskatoon, we drove all over reminising
Seeing the people we saw. One of my friends was home from China and I had no idea she was still there unitl she sent me a quick note on facebook so we got in touch and saw eachother for 2 minutes literally, we parked outside her house, had a hug and a picture and then we had to book it to Turtle Lake.
We celebrated Cohen's 1st birthday a month early since we were around family and it was great. We had a weenie roast in a cook shack in Waskesiu with some yummy desserts and then we gave him a mini cheesecake my mom made and sang happy birthday. It was so cute, he sure didn't like the cheesecake or getting dirty.


One thing I really realized over our holidays was how important my family is to me and what I want to give my children in the future, how I want to be when they have kids and their kids have kids. My poor husband just felt sick after driving so many hours and we realized its just too hard on the children so from now on PEOPLE YOU COME TO US!!!!!!

We broke our camera and at first I was bummed cuz I thought OH NO I lost th epictures and then realized I have a memory card yay....so hopefully I can get them off the camera and then I will collect the photos from everyone that took pics after.

My cleaner came over and did a wonderful job on my home today and I'm all caught up on my laundry and I'm completely unpacked and my kids are in bed and I'm going to enjoy laying on my couch and watch a movie ahhhhhhhhh the small things in life are just so very enjoyable to me ;0)

No comments: