Friday, May 12, 2006

A Happy Mother's Lunch


Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending a Mother's Day luncheon put on by my daughter's grade 2 class. It was so special. When I arrived Emily greeted me at the door and took my hand and led me to my seat where I had a special placemat made by Emily and she had my lunch all done up really nice. Each child in the class helped make the desserts and each child had to make their own mom's sandwich. I think my sandwich was the best I've ever had just becasue it was made with such love. Normally I'm not much of a sandwich eater but that particular sandwich I ate yesterday tasted better than a chocolate cake. After the mom's finished eating the grade 2's got up and did a cute little presentation, they recited a poem and sang two songs. Then we had to go around the class and figure out whose shadow picture was our own childs. I figured mine out right away because of the neat writing underneath. Then we had a nice little story time with the kids. Emily read me "Baba Yaga" it was very similar to Hansel and Gretel but without the Hansel. Then the kids pretty much had enough of their mom's being there. It was kinda funny. Emily says, it's ok for you to go home now because we have free play time outside. All the kids kissed and hugged their moms, I got about 4 kisses and 4 hugs and off to play they went. Oh but before I went home Emily gave me the special mother's day gift she made...a magnetic memo pad for my fridge.

As I walked home I clenched on to all my goodies and felt like the most special mom in the world. I thought WOW these kids did so much hard work to put on this lunch and it was spectacular. I didn't want to leave. It's not very often Emily and I get to have girl time together so it made it extra special because it was all about her for that 45 minutes. This is just one reason why I love being a mom so much. I love the way my kids make me feel and they do it in such simple ways too. I have been getting little presents every day this week. The kids don't realize that Mother's Day is celebrated on Sunday but in their little hearts Mother's Day is celebrated everyday. Carter has been making me picture after picture and at Tumble Bumble (activity program he's in) he made me a card and a flower. He wrote his name down and put a heart beside it and says mom you know why I put this heart here, I said why, he says because I love you so much. So I have that torn little paper with his name and heart up on my fridge.

Posted above is a picture of me and Emily at the Mother's Day lunch.

2 comments:

SarahJ said...

Hi, its me, your faithful blog commenter haha...anyways, you have the sweetest kids and I cannot believe how adorable they are. Emily is getting to be so big I can't believe it!

Nathan & Ashley said...

Hey Carissa! Well I can't believe how big Emily is getting! She is turning out to be such a beautiful girl! You'll have to be sure to keep up to date on how the pregnancy is going! I'm so excited for you and I'm praying that everything goes well! Love you and miss you lots!
ash