Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Tryin to look on the brighter side!!






I was thinking about what the brighter side could possibly even look like right now but then I was reminded of all the wonderful things that are going on right now and that's definitely helping me keep my head above the water. I have my husband, my kids,family and friends, a home, a good doctor, we're two blocks from the hospital and I still have this little baby in my tummy.

I do have to sacrifice a little fun in my life right now but I guess that's not much considering I only have a couple months to go. See I went back to the Doc's on Monday and the dr. did an ultrasound and it showed irritation and what looked as though part of my uterus was stuck along my stomach lining by an adhesion and that tore away which caused the severe pain and spastic contractions. There was no sign of the fibroid on Monday so the doctor said it couldn't be the fibroid because they don't just disappear that quick...unless it was a pure blessing from the Lord. We'll never know but we're so thankful that I'm healing. I have to be on bedrest for the next 4 weeks so I can make it to 26 weeks and then if anything happens at least the baby is viable outside the womb. Scarey to think that until then it could die if I was to go into labour. If my pregnancy doens't improve at 26 weeks or if anything happens from 26-32 wks I have to be sent to Vancouver and stay in the hospital there for the remainder of the pregnancy. Because Penticton is small and all the towns and small cities around here are so small no hospital has the resources to prolong a pregnancy successfully or have the equipment available for a preterm baby and the chances of the baby having a healthier life born before 32 wks would be in Vancouver. By the grace of God I know he can keep this pregnancy going as long as possible but knowing that 24/7 is where I'm struggling. Justin is worried because if I go to Vancouver it will be hard for him and the kids to be with me and it's just a lot of worry we don't want to think about right now but we are kinda forced to think about things and make plans incase the situation occurs. I'm going to continue taking it easy and follow the doctors orders so that I can minimize any contractions and any danger to this baby.

On the brighter note...it has been scorching hot here. Yesterday the temp climbed to +35 and yikes that was harsh. Then I wake up this morning at 7am and check the temp and it was already +21. I thought great..here I am on bedrest and I can't even go down to the beach on my own. So Justin has a few plans and he said if the weather is like this on the weekend he'll set me up a bed on the beach so I can put my feet in the water or maybe he'll make me a mini lake in the backyard. Yesterday it was cute cuz the kids wanted to play outside so bad and because I can't exactly roam around and watch them they set me up a bed in the shade. They laid out a blanket, put one of those beach chairs with out the bottom and only the back rest and then they laid a pillow against the chair for comfort. They brought me my novel I'm reading, a popsicle and a bottle of water...oh and the phone. So I was equipped. With all this ruckus God has blessed Emily and Carter a stronger sense of patience of compassion. They just care so gently for me and I adore them for that. So during the day when Justin is at work I"m well taken care of :0) and when Justin get's home I get even more help. Since I've been on bedrest Justin's cooking has definitely improved. His chicken nuggets aren't as soggy as usual and his fries are definitely getting crispier.

Well I better get going. Thank you so much for all your prayers and Kristin a special thanks for coming over and praying with me the other day. I love you all so much and it's great to know that when times get tough everyone can pool their prayers together. Justin and I have felt a sense of comfort from each prayer. Thank you and God Bless you ALL!!

No comments: