Thursday, May 11, 2006

Life in Hormone Land


The joys of pregnancy is enjoying the pregnancy period and that means absolutely everything that comes with it. I love watching funny tv episodes of people doing their take on pregnancy and emotions and what not. I was watching According to Jim on the weekend and it was right on the money. There was a girl crying because her husband forgot her gummy candies and they didn't have cinnamon flavored gummi bears. I was laughing and laughing and I said out loud that can't be how it really is. Justin looked at me with shock and he's like "what do you mean that's not how it is...you're like that 24/7" and then laughs. I was crying one day cuz I was craving a pickle so bad it hurt but I was upset that I was crying over a pickle so I didn't get up and get the pickle. Stuff like that. Thank goodness Justin loves it. He loves the cry fests and picky eating and back cramps and yelling bouts and laughing bouts. I called him at work the other day just bawling hysterically on the phone, he couldn't actually even understand a word I was saying. I was making Emily a tea party for her and her little friend and I let her use my grandma's tea set. When I was a kid I drank gallons of ice tea out of this tea set with my grams. I was stirring the tea and remember back to the old days and just bawled and bawled and bawled. Actually even writing about it right now is bringing tears to my eyes.
This is just a glimpse of me in hormone land....I tell the good stories, I'm sure if Justin got on here he'd be telling you his version of hormone land haha.

As for the pregnancy goes, it's going ALOT better than it was months ago. The Lord has blessed us everyday. My health is stronger and the baby is stronger too. I get kicked all throughout the day now. It's great. I absolutely love the feeling of this little life. It makes it so real now. It's funny cuz when the baby is active if you put your hand on my belly you can feel it switch position and roll over and stuff it so cool. I am about 22 wks which is 5 1/2 mths. Penticton weather is already getting warm so I'm getting anxious about dealing with the intense heat of summer....we have weeks and weeks of +40. I feel really huge, I think I've put on almost 20 pounds so far. I guess that's not too bad but I think I look a lot bigger than I probably am. Especially my BUM I totally think it's quadrupled in size...if I'm not knocking people over with my belly my bum is doing the job.

Well my preschooler is getting a little anxious about starting his cookies. So I better not delay any longer. Emily has a special mothers day luncheon planned at her school so I'll try and post after that.

1 comment:

SarahJ said...

Awwww cute pregnant Carissa. You look so CUTE pregnant. I am so glad to hear that things are going better with the pregnancy! I can't wait till I get to be pregnant and have an excuse for crying/laughing/being hysterical for no reason!