Monday, April 09, 2007

An Egg-siting Weekend

Happy Easter Everyone!!

This weekend was so much fun. My in-laws were visiting from Marwayne AB, Grandpa Harold and Grandma Paulette. Friday started out with some outdoor fun and Real Things Pizza from the village. I do have to say it is the best pizza EVER. Saturday started out with a walk down to Manitou Park (a couple blocks away) and we gathered around with all the other children and parents in the village, we all watched a helicopter fly overhead and drop ping pong balls. Then all the children ran out to find and collect as many as possible. Emily and Carter worked as a team and collected 10, then off they went to trade them in for Easter treats. What a super fun time we had.

The afternoon brought more fun. Paulette, Emily and I went to the village play "Robinson's Rainbow" a little something to celebrate the centennial year. The boys stayed home and did their guy stuff. I was so nervous leaving Cohen because he weaned himself off a bottle months ago but he finally took one. I was so happy to come home and Justin had good things to say about the baby. I was worried he would have cried for mommy the whole time. Now maybe I can go and get my hair done.

Sunday morning started off with some pretty happy lil ones. Em and Carter ran outside at 7:30 in the AM to search for some eggs left by Mr. Bunny and then inside for another egg hunt and then on to the candy. It was Cohen's first Easter and he got a fun lil toy. It was so fun to see the kids so excited and to share it with their grandparents was even better. We had our turkey dinner for lunch and for supper we had turkey salad buns. This was the first year we did it like that and I much rather it than having our turkey for supper. We were able to have the entire day to visit and play and just do whatever instead of spending the whole time in the kitchen. Thanks to Gramma she ran the show. I felt so spoiled.

Today Grams and Gramps left. It was such a sad day in the Seitz home. Em and Carter cried and cried and then they just sat so still and did nothing and then everyone was a little touchy and cranky. Grandparents are so special and I wish they could all live right next door.

So this week I have been invited for coffee and then we have a few appointments and when I'm not runnin around I will be enjoying the weather. It's been so nice here. Fruit blossoms are blooming and it smells so fruity here. I love it. I wish I could capture the smell and post it on the blog. I just got news that my grandma and my mom are flying out beginning of May. I'm so excited. Hmm come to think of it I wonder how many times I used the word excited in this post (hahaha).
Here are some photos from the past week and weekend.
Enjoy, God Bless and Happy Easter!!

Cohen: Helping mommy do laundry.

~Super Smiles~


Decorating eggs with Papa.


Gramma's touch.


Turkey Dinner
Em helping Carter pour gravy

Daddy carving turkey.
Mmmmm hot crossed buns.
Loves daddy's hair.

Who's gonna win??

1 comment:

Kim Funk said...

aww thanks for stoppin by and commenting..i too have stoped in to read your blog!! its been awhile though so i will have to get caught up!!

take care
blessings