Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Happy Birthday And A Happy Father's Day



We've had some pretty amazing days around the Seitz home. It all started with our sons birthday party on Saturday. It was great. So much fun!! Carter has never really had many friends or a chance to have an actual birthday party that didn't consist of adults and the only kid being his sister. This year was different. Carter has made a few friends so far in Penticton and it was so much fun giving him the birthday he wanted...."a normal birthday". I wasn't really able to do a whole lot because of having to remain on bedrest, however I did have to cheat a little though. I got up a little on my feet and layed outside and visited with the parents and just took in the glory of little people running crazy in my yard. My sister and Justin did an outstanding job throwing the party. It was a beautiful hot day so we had the Slip 'n' Slide out and some wet water balls. The kids had a lot of fun and burned a lot of energy. Then we had the kids do a treasure hunt for outdoor goodies like bugs and weeds. Carter couldn't stay away from his presents any longer so we did gift opening and then had cupcake birthday cake we made in the shape of a 4. I was so amazed at how Justin interacted with all the kids that day. We had 10 kids including Emily and Carter. He was running around like a kid himself and kept them really organized and entertained, my sister did all the running in and out of the house and fetching anything that needed to be fetched and helped Justin with the activities. Here are some of Carter's highlights. One being the frog our friends Kristin and Eric gave him. Second the brief case with goodies from Auntie Jenna and Uncle Justin.



Here's my hubby on Father's Day. He was doing ultimate daddy duty that day. Normally Dad's will take some time of their own on father's day and instead Justin surrounded his activities around and with the kids. They had such a fun day. Justin took Emily and Carter to Walmart to buy new bikes and helmets and then took them out on our back cement pad and taught them how to ride their bikes. It was so cute and so special. The kids cherished every moment of that. Carter learned how to push on his pedals and Emily got a bit gash on her leg and learned to be brave and get back up and try. She tried and tried until she finally rode her bike perfectly. To date they are practicing harder so they can graduate to the sidewalk in the front yard. The picture of Justin above is him cooking his father's day dinner. We had chicken fingers, onion rings, and fries. Funny thing was is one of the onion rings fell off the pan and caused a fire in the oven. The flames got about 5 inches high it was hillarious. We topped the night off with a couple treatza pizza's from DQ. Here are some photo's of the kids and their new bikes. It was the perfect Father and child bonding moment.
















I would also like to extend a very special Happy Father's Day to my dad Jeff McNaught. Not only has he become my role model but also my husbands. He is a wonderful man who is so humble and his unconditional love has no end.



















*sniff* Ibetter sign off before I cry over these photos anymore.
Love you all!!

2 comments:

Nathan & Ashley said...

Oh how I miss you Carissa! I can't believe how much those pictures made me miss our late night tim horton's times! I love you babe and i'm praying for you!!

SarahJ said...

Aww your little guy is getting so big! He already has grown so much since you left here! We sure do miss you here in Saskatoon but I am glad to hear things are going good in BC! Love you!