Monday, June 12, 2006

Today is a good day!


Yay for a good day!! Finally. My poor husband probably has no clue how to handle my happy self. I've been in such a pooper lately I don't even recognize my happy self either ;0)


I had my weekly checkup with the doctor and everything was great. My doctor was happy with the progress I've been making for once. Dr. Rublee did her weekly ultrasound and our little boy looked so cute and happy and healthy. It was nice to see improvement for a change. Because I've been so good and staying off my feet and taking my bedrest seriously I've been able to stay out of the hospital for 2 wks. Party Time!!.....well not quite ;0) I'm still stuck on bedrest indefinitely but a more modified less strict bedrest under the condition that I stay out of trouble and out of the hopsital. Same thing goes if any more problems occur or contractions progress then to Vancouver I go. For the meantime though things are looking up. I'm allowed an outing here and there as long as it's via wheelchair and with a friend or my husband. I'm also allowed to be more reclined throughout the day as long as I lay on my left side for a full hour in the AM and a full 2hrs in the PM. The rest of the time I can switch sides, lay reclined, sit up and even lay on my outside lounge chair. I have to really watch my body and any sign on cramp or contraciton I have to get on my left side right away or in the hospital. But I promise not to overdo it at all. One good thing about being on bedrest is I have really gotten to know my body and all it's little aches and twinges and what to take seriously and what is just gas or baby movements. I also know now that a good appointment doesn't mean go shopping for 3 hrs and do housework, cook dinner and get down and dirty with the hubby. I know that NONE of that is possible and just to enjoy even a little wheely here and there or to be able to change rooms. I feel less like a prisoner right about now and more like a human. It's still hard but I'm trying to look at more of the positive side of things.


One another good note....my sister and Justin have started the nursery. YAY!!!!!!! I love my husband to pieces and I give him credit for trying to do what he is doing but let's face it...house work and renovations are just not his thing. He also kinda likes to procrastinate a little haha so my sister helped him get on track and they did an awesome job. They have the first coat on and they should have it finished before my sister leaves....which would be great.


Countdown is also on for Carter's 4th birthday. I can't believe how much time has passed. It's so crazy to think about. I totally wish there was a way to bottle up my kids and preserve their childhood. My sister is helping prepare Carter's party. So far there are 8 children invited so I wonder who will attend and who won't. I just hope it's a fun, sunny day so we can bring out the slip n slide and have a good hyper party in the outdoors. Oh Jenna is so busy....poor girl. She is so happy helping though. However Carter just peed his pants (by accident he says) and left a puddle on the floor so lucky Jenna gets to do her first peepee cleanup. She has totally taken on the job of a full fledged mommy roll and she totally rocks at it. For a young university student I'm sooooooooo amazed at how awesome she is at running a household and parenting my children. It's always harder dealing with other peoples kids too and you can't tell with her.

Well I better get this blog posted and see what's happenin in the life of Oprah!!

1 comment:

SarahJ said...

I am so happy to hear that things are better for you! I mean, that's not to say you will have no more bad days but I am VERY happy to hear things are going good. It must be nice to have your little sis there taking care of everything. It must make being on bedrest a heck of a lot easier. Anyways, we'll continue to pray for your and your family!! Talk to you soon.