Friday, June 09, 2006

Jenna's Here!!

So my sister is here FINALLY. She flew in Saturday June 3rd. The days leading up to her arrival seemed to take forever. Then just as she gets on her plane she's ordered to get off the plane...along with all the other passengers. Seems as though there was a bomb scare which turned out to be a ticking alarm clock. But after the airport took necessary precautions it was too late for Jenna to get on the flight, or she would have had to stay alone in Calgary, so she flew out the next day instead.

It has been awesome having her here. She's been running all our errands, cooking and cleaning and keeping my kids super entertained which is a huge blessing because I can't right now. Today she is accompanying Emily to her Sports Day at school and the Family BBQ. It's so nice because I had so much fun doing it with the kids last year that it saddened me she'd have to do it alone but not anymore...Auntie Jenna to the rescue. She is also helping Justin clean out and paint the baby's nursery and helping Carter plan his 4th birthday party. I just wish I could keep her longer...but then again she has to get back to her reality of work and life too. I'm so thankful for all the help though. It's been so calming having her around. I've really been able to be on bedrest properly and get the rest I need which I wouldn't have been able to without her here.

She's definitely been a witness to my emotional outbursts and tear fests. I thought it would totally frighten her and send her packing but she's so comforting. Ok now I really don't want her to leave (maybe I could kidnap her). I get so sad cuz I wish I could be out and about with her and have fun with her other places other than my couch. I'm hoping the doctor might allow me some minor activity since I've been so good and have stayed out of the hospital for 2 wks. Wishful thinking I know....but I can dream. Oh well I guess if I can't do anything I'll have to have a major celebration after the baby is born.

Oh yeah i just met the 26 wk of pregnancy mark which mean my baby is viable if born anytime now. I mean we definitely want him to stay in as long as possible but at least the doctors can help him stay alive and healthy now. So one milestone I've been now to get to 36 wks and have my stitch removed....then the baby can come. Thanks again for your continuous prayers on my pregnancy, it's definitely helping because really in all end there is only so much bedrest can do....the good Lord is taking care of it all.

I'll get my sister to take some photo's of the kids during their fun day today and post some later.
Till then............

1 comment:

SarahJ said...

I am so glad you have your little sister there to take care of you and the family! It sounds like she is helping out lots!