Friday, June 30, 2006

Happy Birthday Canada!!

I love July 1st. I love Canada Day. The little festivities towns and cities throw are so fun and seeing everyone drive around with our country's flag on their cars and the fireworks to end the day. I just love it all. I love being a Canadian. I just started watching NHL hockey games on tv. I have never been a huge fan of it before because I found it too confusing one minute the puck is here the next there. I watched hockey games much better in an arena...mind you I've never been to an actual NHL game. However I found it absolutely breathtaking listening to Canadians sing the national anthem. I could go on and on about my love love's for being Canadian but I'll leave it at this.

Well I'm 30 wks along now which is AMAZING. Whew...never thought I'd get here. Thank you thank you for all the prayers and words of encouragement. Our support network has definitely grown and has help imensly in the progress of this pregnancy. To think the baby could be here any day and he would be okay. I mean he'd need some medical care but not as much as if he was born at say...26wks. Now that I don't have to be confined to my house and bed/couch I feel so much happier. I can start enjoying this pregnancy before it ends which is nice. I mean I still can't do a lot of things or over do it or shop or get groceries but seriously....just being out and about visiting or making the odd short outing is WONDERFUL!!! However now that some of my emotions are tucked under my pillow a whole new stream of worries are approaching. I've been a little apprehensive about the arrival of our baby. I went through the same thing when I was about to have Carter I was worried about taking time away from Emily. In the end it all balanced itself out naturally and my love for both children was equal and whole. But for some reason I'm worried about this baby. I mean I'm comfortable loving my two kids and it's easy to split time with them or share time with Justin. Now with a third in the mix what if I leave one kid out or something. I know I'm worrying for nothing but I still worry. I just want all kids to feel loved and have equal amount of fun time with me and their dad.

Well what else is new in the Seitz home....hmmm well Emily is officially finished grade 2. AHHHH <----that's me screaming blog style. My little girl is growing so fast. I can't believe she'll be in grade 3. It just blows me away. What else blows me away is the kids report card. WHOA my goodness. She has always been smart and she remains smart and she just excels at things like reading beyond a grade 3 level and outstanding in math and everything else. I'm just so proud. She tries so hard in school and she actually really enjoys learning which is such a bonus. Carter is so happy to finally have his sister home for playtime during the day. He missed her everyday she would be off for school. He would see her off on the step and then ask throughout the day everyday....when's Emily comin home. It's cute. As much as they can fight they get a long and play far better and more often. Carter learned the word "buggar" today at Gramma's nursing home. Gramma let it slip that someone was being a little buggar so Carter not knowing that it wasn't a good word to repeat called one of the little grannies a litte buggar because they were being silly. Thank goodness the little granny took no offense and forgot he even said it after he said it but still I hope it doesn't come up again. I tried explaining that's a bad word and it makes people sad if they are called a buggar.

Well I think I'm going to call it a night for now. I'm going to update again this weekend. Tomorrow we might go down to Gyro park for some Canada Day celebrations and possibly a pancake breaky early in the AM. I love having Justin home on the weekends because I can get out and do stuff. He just wheels me around in a wheel chair and we have a blast doing family activities. So I"ll take lots of photos and post them. I'm going to get back to my book CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC. It's funny, it reminds me of Bridget Jones. I'm anxious to finish the novel because I want to get on some Karen Kingsbury books. So on that note sweet snoozies to you all and meet you back here sometime this weekend.
Night.....zzzzzzzz

1 comment:

SarahJ said...

Haha the part about Carter calling the old lady a little bugger made me laugh! Kids are so funny how they pick up on things...quite funny indeed! Anyways, I hope your family had a good Canada day!