Tuesday, September 25, 2007

losin' my ever lovin' mind

It's 3:30am and I'm awake listening to Cohen scream. It all started with Carter getting up at 2am thinking it was time to get up and that sleeping sucks and he was mad that he had to stay in bed now it's the baby's turn. Up until tonight I have been getting up with him and feeding him back to sleep usually resulting in falling asleep with him (bad habit to get into). Cohen used to be so good at night. We would place him in his crib, wind his mobile and he would put himself to sleep up until he was 6mths old then he could stand in his crib and one day snapped it in half. So tonight was my breaking point. I'm sore, tired, grumpy, emotional and the boys just wouldn't cooperate, I finally got Carter settled but the baby is learning how to put himself to sleep. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD. I'm seriously ready to jump off my balcony (ok maybe that's not such a good idea but ugh seriously)!! Can't I have a break already. Aside from me needing my big break so does my husband, the poor guy has to be up in an hour and a half for work. So I put my stubborness aside and shut his door (I have no idea how he sleeps through this but thank God he does). Hopefully he won't be a total disaster tomorrow. At least if I'm a total disaster tomorrow I can laze around which is exactly what I've been doing anyways.
3:36am - the cries are getting weaker.........oh maybe not.
The hardest part is going in his room every 10-15mins to let him know I love him and that I haven't totally neglected him but I almost think it's harder on him having me in there time and time again.
3:40am - getting ready to cave ........ not gonna do it ugh maybe I should....nope we've gotten this far it would all be a waste if I stopped now dammit
3:41am - I'm going to lose myself in text twist for awhile...
WISH ME LUCK!!

No comments: