Sunday, September 09, 2007

The up in up

I've been thinking a lot about the events going on in our family here and back home and I am left feeling shocked and relieved and blessed. So much has been going on with people we love and it's been just overwhelming but Thank GOD the outcome has been great. So my Aunt is out of the hospital YAY. She got out last week. She is still suffering from the westnile meningitis and it will take awhile before she feels 100% but she's home, with her family and starting to improve.

My brother was involved in a head on collision Friday afternoon. Thank goodness he wasn't hurt. His car is completely totalled but because he wasn't at fault he should see something good from his insurance. We are all so grateful that he walked away with whiplash, he is in pain but no scrapes or bruises and no fatalities.

Friday night we enjoyed a lovely dinner with some friends in Penticton, Jackie made a yummy tortellin alfredo and I made a rolo cheesecake. We ate so much we all had food coma's afterwards. When we got home we were ready for a nice, peaceful sleep after a long week only that didn't happen. Carter woke up at 3am with a barky cough and his breathing was very laboured it was scarey. He hadn't had an episode like that since we lived in Saskatoon. So off to the ER he went and the doctor gave him pulmicort in a nebulizzor and it seemed to settle it down a little. But again Thank God he's alright. We've all got a little bug of somesort but that's minor, we're alive and happy.

Saturday I was able to have some mommy time out for my friends baby shower. It was such a fun time. We played cute shower games and ate yummy yummy food. We all made a freezer friendly dish so when baby comes she doesn't have to worry and we each had to bring a charm to put on a bracelet so when she's in the hospital she can have a piece of everyone with her without having us all crowd the labour and delivery room. The closest charm I found to symbolize something in our friendship was a feather. She used to clean my home while I was on bedrest and we would visit and visit as she cleaned and we just became really good friends. Then I went home and we were supposed to attend our block bbq but because Carter was sick we didn't feel it was fair for some to go and some to stay back, so we hung tight as a family and played the Wii and watched a movie. Today we were still feeling yucky so we stayed quiet however Justin busted his buns outside in the yard.

This week will be fun. We have a lot of excitement storing up for the week ahead. Justin's brother Dallas and sister Shannon are coming tomorrow and they are here for a week. We haven't seen Dallas since our wedding and Shannon was here a year ago so the kids are very excited. Justin took the week off of work and I took the time off babysitting and we are going to have a great family bonding time with his brother and sister.

Oh and tomorrow Carter has his Kindergarten interview. Then he either starts Tuesday or Wednesday, I'm so happy Justin will be here to help take him for his first day. We were thinking back to the day we walked Emily to her first day of KIndergarten and how I cried and cried and didn't want to leave her. I'm not one of those mom's that looks forward to sending their kid off to school. I would homeschool but I don't think I have the smarts for it and I figure I better leave it to the professionals.

There is a lot to look forward to this week. A good positive week!! I'm going to fold my laundry and watch Fracture now that the children are all fast asleep, I should also be sleeping but I wanto to be ahead tomorrow so I can rest when Cohen sleeps. Nighty night!

No comments: